Terms & Conditions
The term “Capitas Finance Ltd” or “us” or “we” refers to the owner of the website. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Capitas Finance Ltd’s prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
This website, the services advertised upon it and the Capitas Group are not owned by, affiliated with, associated or connected in any way to The Capita Plc or its subsidiaries.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by “Capitas Finance Ltd” and whilst we endeavour to keep the information up-to-date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of or in connection with the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of “Capitas Finance Ltd”. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, “Capitas Finance Ltd” takes no responsibility for and will not be liable for the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Capitas Finance Ltd ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our privacy policies, the Data Processing Agreement, and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
The rules on processing of personal data are set out in the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
- Data controller: A controller determines the purposes and means of processing personal data.
- Data processor: A processor is responsible for processing personal data on behalf of a controller.
- Data subject: Natural person
Categories of data: Personal data and special categories of personal data.
Personal data: The GDPR applies to ‘personal data’ meaning any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier (as explained in Article 6 of GDPR). For example name, passport number, home address or private email address. Online identifiers include IP addresses and cookies.
Special categories personal data: The GDPR refers to sensitive personal data as ‘special categories of personal data’ (as explained in Article 9 of GDPR). The special categories specifically include genetic data, and biometric data where processed to uniquely identify an individual. Other examples include racial and ethnic origin, sexual orientation, health data, trade union membership, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs.
Processing: means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
Third party: means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or body other than the data subject, controller, processor and persons who, under the direct authority of the controller or processor, are authorised to process personal data.
2. Who are we?
Our client is the data controller. This means we decide how your personal data is processed and for what purposes. Our contact details are shown at www.capitasfinance.com/contact Tel 01372 232901. Sarah Bitmead is the contact.
3. The purpose(s) of processing your personal data:
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To verify your and your company’s identity
- To assist with applications for finance
- To provide our funders and suppliers with the necessary information to support your application
- To provide our consultancy services accurately and efficiently
- To ensure compliance with regulations and prevent fraud and money laundering
- To locate the best providers for your funding sources
4. The legitimate interests pursued by the controller, or by a third party.
As part of our work with you we will need to collect information about you and your business and/or financial situation and in some cases financial associations.
This information can come directly from you when we ask for it or from third parties including credit reference agencies.
5. The categories of personal data concerned.
For the purposes of providing our services we will need your personal data to consult with you including your contact details and information about your business or professional activity.
In addition, we may need some special categories of personal data such as details of your finances, identity and your bank details.
6. The recipients, or categories of recipients, of the data, if any planned transfers of personal data to a third country or international organisation.
The recipients of your data will include: Financial organisations, banks and credit reference agencies along with suppliers and consultancy providers necessary for us to perform our contract with you such as vendors we are working with on your behalf to supply your goods or services.
7. Planned transfers of personal data to a third country or international organisation How long will the personal data be stored for (or the criteria used to determine that period)?
We do not intend to transfer your data outside the EU, however we will consider the use of appropriate technical safeguards such as encryption, should your data need to be transferred. Your data will be shared with the above recipients and they may transfer your data using their own safeguards accordingly.
E-Mail communication can be routed across the internet worldwide and due to the nature of this type of correspondence your E-Mail message content could be indirectly transferred.
8. How long will the personal data be stored for (or the criteria used to determine that period)?
We will determine how long to keep your data in accordance with our data retention policies. As a guide, the information will be kept for the time necessary to perform our services to you and will be retained for audit trail purposes as directed by relevant legislation and FCA guidelines. Funders may also have their own timescales and policies regarding this.
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
9. Rights to access, rectification, erasure and portability of the personal data:
- The right to request a copy of the personal data which we hold about you;
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain such data;
- The right to request that we provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable i.e. where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and where the data controller processes the data by automated means).
10. Your rights to restriction of, or objection to, processing of the personal data rights to withdraw consent at any time (if applicable):
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable i.e. where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics).
11. Your rights to withdraw consent at any time (if applicable).
The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time, where consent was your lawful basis for processing the data.
11A. The personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement.
This is to comply with our obligations detailed above.
11B. Automated decision making.
We may use the services of third party credit reference agencies and these use independent algorithms to assess the accuracy and risk profile of your requirements.
11C. The origin of the personal data.
We may obtain your details from a company finance application where you are related to the organisation such as obtaining your details from Companies House, or from credit referenes or identity checks.
12. Further processing.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Privacy Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions.
14. How to make a complaint.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact the company representative, Sarah Bitmead or you can contact the FCA.
“Capitas Finance Ltd” is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
“Capitas Finance Ltd” may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 2nd September 2010.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Capitas Finance Ltd,
Aissela, 46 High Street, Esher, Surrey, KT10 9QY, United Kingdom.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
This website and its content is copyright of “Capitas Finance Ltd” - © “Capitas Finance Ltd” 2017. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
Website: designed by Fuga Design & Brand Marketing